Monday August 28th from 9am to 4pm we will be doing the intakes. Referrals will only be accepted from Social Service Organizations; Places of Worship; Hospitals; and Law Enforcement Agencies. We are currently only accepting MEN intakes.
First Step Shelter is committed to helping our clients along the path of homelessness to housing.
In order to ensure a successful outcome- clients must be willing to take these steps to housing.
Please note- potential residents must have the ability to:
- utilize the toilet and take showers independently
- must not be in need of hospice care
- or a physical rehabilitative facility
Additionally, if the client is coming from an inpatient facility– they will:
- need a referral from a primary care physician
- and if on psychotropic medication- must come with a 30-day supply of that prescription
Upon arriving to First Step Shelter
New arrivals to First Step Shelter will be given a health screening and allowed to take a shower as well as given clean clothes. Case managers will register clients into the First Step Shelter program where they will help them get back on their feet!
For additional information on program eligibility- follow this link
www.firststepshelter.org/resident for details.